Update for 3/31/2020
COVID-19 Statement and Operations Plan – 3/25/2020
As we continue to monitor and adhere to all Local, State and National guidelines in regards to the COVID-19 outbreak, we are regularly updating our customers to keep all golfers as safe as possible. As of this notice, golf courses are allowed to operate by NYS. The value of fresh air, sunshine and physical activity is very important to our health and mental well-being. To that end Lyndon Golf Course is OPEN (weather permitting) with the modifications to the operation and golfer behaviors outlined below. We will be conforming with the NYS on PAUSE mandates by closing the building to any public access and operating under the guidelines below:
- We will operate from a payment window next to the pro shop door.
- Payments will be taken by credit card with the credit card swipe installed outside the payment window and customers swiping their own cards or by cash through the window slot.
- Cones will be set at the window and first tee denoting the minimum 6’ safe distance from others.
- Riding carts will still be available with a 1 rider per cart policy. NO EXCEPTIONS. Cart availability may be limited as a result and a waiting list will be used if necessary.
- Cart keys will be left in the carts and left in the “on” position.
- Carts will be sanitized after each use.
- Cups on the course are installed upside so that the ball may be easily removed without touching the surface.
- Please leave flag sticks in the holes. Do not touch them.
- There are no ball washers or tee markers on the course.
- Obey Social Distancing and safe distances at all times.
- Practice good hygiene. Personal hand sanitizer recommended to be used frequently throughout your round.
- Make responsible decisions based on your personal risk profile on whether to expose yourself to others at the course.
- If you, a family member or someone you’ve been in contact with has any symptoms or is not feeling well, please do not visit the course.
During this heightened alert period, we will continue to monitor the recommendations and mandates by the CDC, local, state and national authorities and keep you updated if anything changes at the course.
Thank you for your patience, support and understanding as we try to make the best of this challenging situation.
Walking is always allowed even when the shop is closed for just $5 in our lock box!
Follow us on facebook or check our website for the latest updates. #neverendinggolf!
Call us at 315-446-1885
We offer gift cards, memberships and multi-play passes in our online store all with email delivery.
The Lyndon Golf Course is one of the oldest golf courses in Central New York. The first nine holes of the golf course were designed by Onondaga Golf Club member David Campbell in 1907. It was built across the road from Onondaga on Earnest White’s property, making the Onondaga Golf Club into 18 holes. The club continued to lease the Lyndon nine up until 1930. The E.I White family expanded the course to its current par 68, eighteen-hole layout. The course record of 55 was scored in a match between then club pro John Murray and one of the games greatest players, Walter Hagen, who shot 59!! There is amazing history at Lyndon!
Lyndon is a 71 acre course that provides a fun golf experience for players of all ages and abilities. Our trademark features are the large grass berms on several holes as well as some of the most challenging par 3’s in the area. Our pace of play average for 9 holes is approximately 90 minutes and 18 holes just under 3 hours! We are a great place for a quick round. We offer discount rates for seniors, juniors, and military service men and women.